Please be aware that orders for print placed online with Shout Out Loud via this website require that art submitted must be “Press Ready” electronic artwork set up as per the print specifications listed here.
Any artwork submitted in an incomplete or not press ready format will require a re-quotation and the print prices indicated for the product will not apply.
Here is a quick and easy guide to setting up your files and ensuring they are ready for the printing process. From trim marks to file formats to colour selection, everything you need to know should be found here. However, if you still can’t find the answer you are looking for, then please call us and we will gladly help you through the process.
Shout Out Loud accepts all industry standard programs from the Adobe Creative Suite.
We cannot accept files prepared in programs such as Word, Paint or Publisher etc.
Shout Out Loud require that all files to be supplied to us as pdf files. If your job is single sided then you simply supply a one page pdf. If your job has two pages i.e.: a front and a back then we need a two-page pdf file, the first page of your pdf will be the front page and the second the back page.
Please note that files supplied as: separate files, or EPS or JPEG files, will all have to be manually corrected by our in house design staff and will incur a minimum design fee of $25.
Please provide art with relevant bleed but no crop marks
Shout Out Loud require that there be 3mm of internal bleed on all files poster, flyers and card jobs and 5mm on all booklet jobs. Please ensure to keep any text or important design away from the bleed area.
Shout Out Loud require that there be 3mm of external bleed on all files A2 sized and under and no bleed on A0 and A1 and 5mm on all booklet jobs. As we “gang print” your jobs on a larger sheet than its finished size and then trim to size, the external bleed extending past your trim area allows for a small amount of movement that may occur when your work is being cut to size. Acceptable industry standard is up to 1mm of movement.
Files are required to be submitted as CMYK. If files are supplied as RGB, Shout Out Loud will convert files to CMYK if they are submitted as RGB but cannot be held responsible for any shift in colour. Please also ensure all spot colours are converted to CMYK. Shout Out Loud recommend the maximum ink coverage is 300% for coated stocks and 260% for uncoated stocks. This means the colours that you use should contain less than a total of 300% (or 260%) when you add together cyan, magenta, yellow and black.
If you require a rich black for a print area over 30mm square, the best combination is 100% K and 40% C. For text or areas under 30mm square, 100% K is required.
The higher the resolution, the better the picture, however if you have too high a resolution it is not utilised and makes your files too large. We suggest making your artwork at 300dpi when it’s at full size. However, how an image is originally attained will determine its resolution and what size it can be printed at in order to be clear and crisp. If your original image Is 72dpi, saving it as 300dpi will not make your image sharper.
Shout Out Loud require that all fonts you use in your files be outlined or embedded. This means that we can print them even if we don’t have those particular fonts and they will look exactly the way you want them to. You may need a license to embed certain fonts, so please don’t send the fonts with your design as it is not legal.
Please ensure files are named in a manner that is short but descriptive. Examples would be Club123_A6Flyer.pdf or YourCafeCard.pdf. Being descriptive and using common sense will ensure a smooth, easy process.
Please refer to the information below when setting up your booklet artwork.
- Artwork for booklets must be set up as 1 multipage PDF (pages in order eg 1-12). They must not be set up as spreads (the single pages will get imposed in our pre-press department).
- All booklets must contain a minimum 5mm internal bleed to allow for folding and trimming. Booklets over 32pp will need to have an allowance made for creep. Contact us to help you calculate how much internal bleed is needed for 32pp or more.
- Fonts to be embedded or outlined.
- Resolution with image/s at 300dpi (or minimum 150dpi) or give your approval to print as is.
- External bleed – please supply with 3mm of external bleed on each edge.
- Do not set anything to overprint fill or stroke.
- Thin Lines – please supply in knowledge that 0.25pt line weight is industry standard and Shout Out Loud’s minimum line weight recommendation.
- Shout Out Loud recommends a rich black to be made up of 100% black + 40% cyan (this applies to any solid black areas over 30mm2. Text should remain 100% black).
- Ink Coverage should not exceed 300% on coated stocks or 240% on uncoated stocks.
If you have any further questions that are not answered here, please contact us or call 1300 507 435.